Thursday, May 25, 2023

Notorious WUBRG: March of the Machine Draft 2

I did a bit better in my second March of the Machine draft!  Here's what I picked:


(In order, left to right and bottom to top.)

Naturally, I was most excited that I got passed the foil Invasion of Alara!  Here's the deck I built:

 


I should have taken Zirda out, as they didn't really contribute much.  As always, the deck was super fun to play, though I think I could have used a few more dual lands.

In my first round, I played against a relatively new drafter and beat them.  In the second round, I played against a strong green + something (white?  red?  It's been a few weeks...) deck.  I lost one game bad, and squeaked out the other two wins.

In the third round, I got obliterated by a fast red (and black?) deck.  2-1 is not too bad!

It turned out that the Archpriest of Shadows and new Glissa were very strong.  The archpriest helped me bring things back and Glissa was great, even though I didn't have a lot of synergy in other phyrexians.  It just didn't matter.  The Beamtown Beatstick was also great; creating treasures can obviously be very helpful.  In the end, I often couldn't keep up with the removal everyone else had and that usually cost me a game.   

I hope that I can get another draft in!

No comments:

Post a Comment