Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Spiteclasm Decklist

For the past year(ish), I've been running a modern deck I designed.  It's based on creatures like Spitemare and Boros Reckoner and damage-based soft board wipes, like Pyroclasm.

Some have asked for the decklist, so here is the current version:

4 Spitemare
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Pyroclasm
4 Whipflare
4 Volcanic Fallout
4 Earthquake
4 Magmaquake
1 Flame-Wreathed Phoenix
2 Skred
2 Blood Moon (I should probably have more)
4 Boros Signet
23 Snow-Covered Mountain

The board has more phoenixes, skreds, and also utility things like Yamabushi's Storm and Rolling Temblor.

The Skred/Snow-Covered Mountain combo was a suggestion by John J.

Another friend, Aaron D., alerted me to Humble Defector, which seems like it definitely needs to find a place in here. :)

This deck is super fun to play with!  In it's first tournament, it went 3-1, and most recently I nearly won a tournament, but lost in the last round to the winner, one of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment