Saturday, March 30, 2024

Magic Packs Wedding Gift

I was given an excellent wedding gift from my long-time friend Phil: Magic Boosters!  Specifically, five boosters: Coldsnap, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, Battlebond, and Dominaria United.  

 

He told me that the dates of these packs are meaningful to the little family I'd just built, so here's what I've put together:

  • Coldsnap, July 2006.  This is from far before I met my spouse, but this is when I was doing lots of drafts with Phil.  This is clearly an homage to our friendship, not my marriage.  To be honest, I can't wait to draft this pack!

  • Rivals of Ixalan, January 2018.  It was during this set's run that my wife and I had our first date and then started officially dating.

  • Dominaria, April 2018.  This is when the two of us introduced our daughters to each other and started doing things as a group of four.

  • Battlebond, June 2018.  This is when I met all of my wife's friends and family at her daughter's birthday party.  (I also did some Battlebond drafts with my daughter and we won one of them!)

  • Dominaria United, September 2022.  This is right after our family made our big move.  We united and made a big change together.  We both started new jobs during this set's run. 
     

Of the five of these, I am planning to open Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, and Dominaria United at my next chaos draft.  I might substitute Coldsnap in if there are other packs opened with snow-covered lands, or the Battlebond if there's any chance of a team format.  

Thank you, Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment